Sunday, June 19, 2011

with all his heart...


I could easily sit here and make a list a mile long of all the things that make Rich such a great Dad. It's just such a big part of who he is. But to be perfectly honest, I don't have time today to write such a list. So I'm just going to mention one of the things that has always meant the most to me. It's not the fact that he changed explode-o diapers or wiped big old green globs of snot, that he reads to the munchkins and checks homework, that we wipes tears and soothes fears...yes, he did/does all those things and a million things more. But what I love most, isn't *what* he does, it's *how* he does it. With overwhelming love. Without ever acting as if he's doing me some kind of favor. With all his heart.

I love you beyond all words, Rich. Happy Daddy's Day. And thank you for everything.

*****
And to completely change the subject, a quick apology to everyone I feel I've been ignoring in the past few weeks. I am so very sorry! I'm sorry that so many emails have gone unresponded to and so many blog posts have gone unread in the last few weeks. Life is just so goshdarn freakin' crazy right now, trying to finish up the school year, both in the homeschool realm and the public school realm, dealing with everyone's health issues, etc. But the boys' last day of school is Wednesday, and Annie and I should finish up in a week and a half at the latest. And then I hope I can be a better friend to all of you I love so much.

7 comments:

DesLily said...

I hope you had a great father's day Rich!!!

Kailana said...

Fun picture! Great post. :)

My Gallery of Worlds said...

Awww, that was sooo warm and fuzzy. And so beautifully said. Happy Fathers Day :D

Carl V. Anderson said...

Happy Father's Day Rich! I hope you and your family had a lovely weekend! You've got a great brood there, you have every reason to be bursting with pride.

chrisa511 said...

Such a sweet post :) Happy Father's Day indeed to an amazing man!! And don't you dare worry about not being able to be around!!! Get what you need to get done done!

Unknown said...

What a wonderful picture! I hope you all had a fantastic Father's Day celebration. :-D

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Love the crazy faces! :-D