Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I smiled...

...when Annie not only came home from her Library Teen Advisory Board meeting in high spirits (she'd had a really down day), but related this amusing story. One of the events the library is sponsoring next year is fashion show in coordination with the local Goodwill store. The teen librarian asked for volunteer models, and apparently a few kids thought it would be "gross" to wear clothes from the thrift store. Yeah, whatever. Anyway, when Annie said she'd be happy to do it, the woman said, "Oh good, Annie. I was really hoping you'd do it because you have such a fun, unique style." She went on talking before Annie had a chance to tell her that 99% of her clothes really *do* come from thrift stores. :)

...at the sweet joy in Gray's voice as he sat alone in the living room reading one of his brother's Garfield books. "Oh Garfield, you never fail to make me smile," was uttered with what could only be interpreted as true love.

...when I got to read Chris's NaNo chapters so far. OMG. I am so in love with his book so far...I swear I'm not going to want him to take the weekend off from writing. In just two days I think I've become a junkie and will go through withdrawal without my morning fix. :P

...when I finally got to crack open the cover on the Jericho: Season 3 Civil War graphic novel last night. Of course, along with making me smile, it also made me sad because I so wish that show had lasted.

...when Aldo jumped up on the table trying to get at Gray's waffles. Okay, so I really shouldn't be smiling at a cat on the kitchen table (and I didn't allow her to stay), but her waffle obsession totally cracks me up.

...when I realized how very little of the leftover Halloween candy I've eaten.

5 comments:

chrisa511 said...

I order you to eat MORE halloween candy :p Annie's style truly is among some of the most awesome I've ever seen :D Glad that cheered her up!! I'm demanding pictures of her in the fashion show!! And really Debi…you're too much. I wish I liked my novel as much as you do, lol. Hopefully I can get some more off to you tonight! If I can make myself write some :)

Kailana said...

I am glad to hear Chris' story is turning out so well! And, honestly, it is gross to wear clothes from thrift stores? I have never even considered that before. I hope Annie has fun!

My Gallery of Worlds said...

Are you kidding me? Thrift store clothes are the best! You can find all the retro stuff ;) Glad you had so many wonderful things to smile about Debi <3

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

THIS POST has me smiling.

actually, I meant to email you the other day but couldn't get to a computer and your email isn't stored in my phone. I had Elle wrapped up in your beautiful blanket the other day and THAT made me smile. The love that went into all those stitches...

Keep these posts coming, Debi. I love them to pieces.

Carl V. Anderson said...

All excellent reasons to smile, and very cool that Annie forges her own path and isn't one of "those" teenage girls.