Tuesday, June 5, 2012

mysteries from the laundry basket...

First let me beg your forgiveness. I must leave for a dental appointment shortly. The hours before a dental appointment are never pretty. They are filled with nausea and incoherence and a good bit of babbling. I realize that I should just keep this all to myself, but I think these hours are also filled with lack of judgment.

These hours necessarily must also be filled with mindless tasks because concentration is sorely missing. Folding laundry fits the bill nicely. But I noticed a couple of disturbing trends in the laundry basket today.

For one thing, I'm pretty sure my daughter owns more knee socks than the population of many small nations. But I still don't understand why that means she needed to wear 13 pair in the past five days.

Maybe odder still, and definitely a tad more disturbing--why did one son have only three pair of underwear to span those five days, and the other son have eleven? I'm keeping my lips sealed as to which son was which...but frankly I'm not sure which extreme is worse.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

For your own sanity, just assume one boy accidentally wore the other one's size of underwear for a few days. This is what I do. :D

Care said...

hmmm. I suggest you keep that mindless task mindless and not think about it anymore.

:P

Jean said...

What happens in the laundry stays in the laundry. Some mysteries of the universe resist solving.

DesLily said...

ahhh, the mysteries of the laundry basket (good title)! ..and to think, it all began with ONE sock!

Kailana said...

You are much more organized with laundry than me. I have no idea how many days are in between, so I would miss all trends. I just find there is a lot!