Wednesday, October 17, 2012

good stuff...

*Happy news for someone I love dearly! Seriously, the kind of news that makes you literally jump up and down and smile and laugh and then call your husband to share the happy news. Yep, that good. :D :D :D

*Dewey's Read-a-Thon. So. Much. Fun. I want to especially thank Heather and Andi for putting Dewey so prominently back in Dewey's Read-a-Thon. The whole thing--just awesome.

*Maxidoodle's giggle. Oh my gosh, how it melts my heart. So few things about him are "little boy" anymore, but that giggle sure is. :)

*Short stories. Been reading quite a few of them lately. Just read one that delighted the snot out of me. Wickedly fun. "'Skin" by Michael Cadnum, whom I don't believe I'd ever heard of before, let alone read.

*Sneaking in bits of crocheting here and there. So many projects going.

*This face:

And let me tell you, there are definitely times when he should be quite thankful he's got a face that melts my heart. ;)













*Starting a new book and falling in love at the first paragraph. Have His Carcase by Dorothy L. Sayers. It's going to be slow read because I just have so many other things going on, but that's okay...I think it shall be a nice book to slow down and savor.

What's the good stuff in your life this week?

5 comments:

Jean said...

Good stuff? (1) Being back at home for a while. While my two trips of a week each were quite delightful and spirit-renewing, it is also good to be home. (2) The family dog, who misses me when I'm gone and provides multiple exercise opportunities daily when I'm here. (3) The men in my life, who delight and amaze me daily. (4) Reading that you've had some good news because that makes me smile.

Eva said...

I might have to give Dewey's read-a-thon another go one of these days. Are Andi & Heather the new permanent hosts?

Happy things...
*thrifting a fun coat yesterday for less than $10 for my trip
*I'm on a reading streak, just tearing it up, which is nice since this year has seen so many reading slumps
*the new Once Upon a Time season is rocking, and I was a little nervous it wouldn't live up to S1
*getting active in blogging again, at least for a week ;)
*my silly dog

Peter Wimsey & Harrient Vane are always good stuff. :D

Kailana said...

I really wish I could have been around for the readathon. I am glad you had fun!

Susan said...

I'm glad you had fun at the read-a-thon too! It's so good to see you posting about good stuff too - to see you happy, I mean. That brings a smile to my face, Debi!

Good things: I had a lovely dinner out with my oldest friend to celebrate her birthday tonight.
- my kids love to snuggle at night before sleep, still.
- chocolate chunk cookies
- it's Friday tomorrow! lol
-some of the repair work has finally been started on our house for the past week. Not the foundation, but other stuff. It feels so good to get it done.

Debi said...

Jean,
Awww...that all is truly good stuff! And I thank you for sharing it as it adds even more goodness to my life hearing it. :)

Eva,
They are! I almost e-mailed you so many times to ask if you wanted do it this time, as Chris and I were taking the plunge again, but I didn't want to pressure you. It really was so good. I so hope you will join in again. You know it was at the very first read-a-thon that I met you. :) Yep, one of the things I have to be eternally grateful to Dewey for. *hugs*
You know how much I love that first thing, right? A coat for your trip. :D It's almost here!!! *screams at self to get house cleaned*

Kelly,
Oh, Kelly, I so wish you could have been too!!!! Next time, I so hope!

Susan,
I love reading your good stuff so much--thanks for sharing it with me! Even if I am now craving chocolate chunk cookies. :P I'm also a bit envious--my little monkeys are not cuddlers. :( Well, Annie will cuddle sometimes, which is pretty sweet considering she's fifteen. :)