Saturday, October 13, 2012

Dewey's Read-a-Thon Update 3...


Since last post:

On the clock:

--Reading: 86 min.

--On computer (blogging, commenting/cheering, etc.): 26 min.

--Other (making Annie and I lunch, etc.): 13 min.

--Sleep: 0 min.

Between the covers:

--Number of pages: 64 pages

--What I read: The Hot Zone by Richard Preston, yes still

Down the hatch:

--Food: 8 veggie corn dog bites

--Drink: nada

Cumulatively:

On the clock:

--Reading: 270 min.

--On computer (blogging, commenting/cheering, mini-challenges): 89 min.

--Other: 60 min.

--Sleep: 0 min.

Between the covers:

--Number of pages: 224 pages

--What I've read: The Hot Zone by Richard Preston (in progress)

Down the hatch:

--Food: 2 cherry scone, 8 veggie corn dog bites

--Drink: 2 cups half caf coffee, 1 huge mug cinnamon spice tea

Miscellaneous comments: I *will* finally finish this book on the next round. I will. I will. I will. Annie finished a book. And she's taken a break to be responsible and work on a presentation for her early Brit lit course on Monday. Hopefully she'll rejoin me soon.

3 comments:

chrisa511 said...

No surprise at all that Annie has finished a book already :p She'll probably finish like TEN by the time the night is over, lol. Are you enjoying the book you're reading??? And mmmmm….corn dogs….dammit I need to be over there with all of the amazing food you have!!!!

Elizabeth said...

I hate to admit how long I have been a luker but I do remember the first or second read-a-thon so I was excited to see you participating again. Most usually I work on the weekends but this weekend I'm off and have the pleasure of following along with your progress and enjoyment and doing my own little bit of reading too.I think we read slower when we are actually keeping track of our reading... that is my theory anyway!! Hope you and your daughter have a fun time and your men folk have packed lots of woolies for camping!
Elizabeth

Megan said...

Oo, The Hot Zone is one of my best friends' favorite books. I'm still on my first book, but I'm confident I'll finish it today, which will officially be one more book than I finished for the last 'thon. Hope you make your goal to finish yours before your next post unless that would stress you out, in which case, who cares? Just keep having good times! ;-)