Wednesday, March 20, 2013

tidbits and babblings...okay, mostly just babblings...

*Happy Spring! It seems as if nearly everyone is craving the arrival of spring. I guess I'm sort of lucky in that regard...I'm never as eager as most to say goodbye to winter. Lucky, because it continues to snow here a little bit most every day. Though at 70 inches, we're running well below normal totals.



And of course, it's not that I'll mind when spring begins acting like spring, as it definitely comes with its own set of joys. :)

*Oh Google...I still really want to kick you. I know, I know--violence is not the answer...but come on, pulling the rug out from under people like that is just plain MEAN. And it was supposed to be easy to switch to a different reader...well, I guess it was/is for lots of people. I mean, it sounded easy enough following the google takeout instructions, but my data just would NOT download. I have two ideas as to why not--1.) my operating system is too old to get updated versions of browsers, so seemingly daily for the last couple months I've been able to do less and less on the internet, and this is another one of those things, or 2.) it's simply due to my overwhelming lack of techno savvy. Who knows.

But whatever the reason, I gave up and simply added a blog roll back to my blog. I have extremely mixed feelings about it. It meant weeding down enormously the amount of blogs on my list--this is both good and bad. It also means that actually reading blogs takes more time, yet also that I'm more likely to comment now.

So yeah whatever. It is what it is, I guess.

*I really want to thank everyone who commented on my last post! It was interesting to hear your perspectives of the matter. :) Not that I was left feeling any less conflicted, but you know I think sometimes that's unavoidable, right?

*In the unlikely event that anyone noticed that I don't have last week's project life ready, ummmm...well...yeah. I haven't blown it off, I just haven't finished it yet. One of those uninspiring weeks where we didn't take many photos so I had to work hard to find enough to use. They're now printed but that's as far as I've gotten.

*And once again, HAPPY SPRING!

4 comments:

Ali said...

"Oh Google...I still really want to kick you."

Even when you're annoyed you manage to make me smile. :)

I'm using Feedly right now, which will continue to import from Google Reader until July, and then promises to figure out how to make "a smooth transition" before GR dies.

Care said...

Huh. I was just thinking how *smart* I am that I still have my blog roll!!

Heather said...

HAPPY SPRING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, uh, 70 inches? Is BELOW normal? Good God.

Also, I don't see me in your blog roll? You no love me no more? *sniff*

Jean said...

We could get snow tonight down here in Virginia, with more possible Sunday. Climate change lives!