Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon update 3...

Well I fear the distractions just won't end. Let's put this bluntly, shall we? Max is exhausting. :P Ahhh, but Rich and Gray arrived home a while ago so they are now the target of some of his non-stop chatter and, "Let's do this," "Watch this," "Can we do this?" Sheesh--you'd think he was three-years-old or something. :P

Another distraction:

Max and I found a milk snake in the flower garden. He was hiding so this was the best look we got at him. So pretty. We also found a tree frog while we were moving logs out in the back yard from the tree we had to cut down earlier this week, but I didn't have my camera then.

Anyway, I have managed to read 10 tales from Philip Pullman's Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm. Determined to finish this book...and maybe maybe maybe another tonight. Yeah, like that maybe is ever going to happen.

*****
Books I've read from:
--The Magic Circle by Donna Jo Napoli
--A Planet of Viruses by Carl Zimmer
--Fairy Tales from the Brothers Grimm by Philip Pullman

Books I've finished:
--The Magic Circle by Donna Jo Napoli
--A Planet of Viruses by Carl Zimmer

Mini-challenges I've participated in:
--Scuffed slippers and wormy books--Book Spine Poetry

5 comments:

chrisa511 said...

Go Debs :D Eeeeek! Snakes creep me out :p Sounds like y'all may need to slip little Maxidoodle some benadryl :p LOL!! I have no doubt you can finish two more tonight :D I'm off to get some more coffee and then settle in with some rotel dip and more Sedaris! LOVE YOU!!!!! Love the whole family :) Send hugs all around for me please…in fact, yes…have a group hug in my honor :p

Heather said...

Woo hoo! You are doing great! That snake is kinda ugh lol but I am glad you are excited!

I am really wishing I had thought of rotel dip.

Ali said...

Ah, yes, the ever-loving distractions of family. Gotta love 'em. Love the snake pic!

You're doing great, Debi. I, on the other hand, have read for a total of 1/2 hour and am about to start an audio book while I fix dinner. This is why I didn't sign up, lol.

CaroG said...

Milk snakes are indeed pretty, with the colors and all. I hope you are having a lot of good reading moments too :)

Janey Canuck said...

Amazing job so far! You're doing so well. Keep it up!