Tuesday, May 7, 2013

the week that flew by way too quickly...

It's funny how time can be so hard to pin down. While I feel like I've been away from the online world of blogging and emailing and twittering for endless ages now, it also feels like this past week has flown by in an instant.

The internet is such an amazing thing. How can I possibly express the gratitude I feel for the connections and loving friendships that have enriched my life so very much? Eva has definitely become one of the family...and there are so many little smiles stored in my heart, little glimpses of this fact. Annie and Eva picking out clothes, Max pestering Eva to play badminton, Gray being contrary with Eva, Eva busting on Rich...all these little moments of ease and comfort. :)

It seemed simultaneously a busy week and week where not much happened but living and loving. We went thrifting. We went to the library. We hit the coffee shop a few times. We ate out a few times. We walked around a fun section of downtown. We visited a city park. We talked. A lot. We cooked. We ate. We drank chai--Eva makes the best chai. Ever. We talked. A lot. We played badminton. We watched Gray and Annie practice Aikido, and witnessed Gray earning his yellow belt. (Yay Gray!) We played word/drawing games. We talked. A lot. We read. We squeezed in some school. And homework. We wrote down book recommendations. We knitted. And crocheted. We talked. A lot. We survived yet another septic system problem. And sunburn. And a complete week of unseasonably warm weather.

I was rather sporadic in my picture taking, but I'm grateful that I captured at least a few moments from our week:






I think I was in serious denial all day about the fact that Eva was leaving this afternoon. It hit me really hard about ten minutes before they had to leave for the airport. But I am consoling myself with the thought that tomorrow I will get to do some blog reading and catch up with my other friends that I've been missing so much. You all have been posting, right???

8 comments:

Jean said...

Love the photos and love hearing that it was a good week. I had been hoping that silence meant your days were Evaful.

DesLily said...

well the photo's say a lot!! it sure looks like you all had a great time together! it's a good thing to have some days that are out of the "normal box"..many times we truly do forget how to relax and just enjoy.......

thanks for sharing the photo's!

Eva said...

Awww: what a sweet, sweet post Debi. I feel so lucky & honoured & grateful to have been invited into your family!!!

The week did go by insanely fast. But we packed in so much good stuff & good memories. :DDDD

Ali said...

Haven't posted a thing until today, actually! So glad you had a good visit with Eva. :)

Susan said...

What a lovely time you all had! Debi, the only photo missing was of you and Eva together!

I LOVE the tulip photo, that is exquisite. You all look so happy. Thank you for sharing it with us!

Kailana said...

How fun Eva visited again! I didn't even know! Always out of the loop. :)

Andi said...

Yay! Thank you for sharing. It looks like you all had a great time.

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

"You've been posting right?" I think that's the problem with taking breaks. LOL!! While we might not have been posting ourselves OR reading blogs from others, life surely marches on and then you open up your reader and realize TWELVE DAYS have passed since someone posted something?! What the heck!

Your pictures are gorgeous and it looks like you had an amazing time with Eva. And looks like nicer weather has come to your parts (though I know you don't mind the snow...). Hugs!