Sunday, August 4, 2013

a happiness project update...

This may be my favorite project of all time. :)  And I don't feel like I've been giving it enough of my time and attention. I'd really like to change that--but with no pressure. I'm going to try to have at least one item in my immediate sights at all times. I do actually have a small handful in the works, but I haven't been putting a lot of focus on them...need to change that.

Sooooo. This past week I was perusing my happiness project lists looking for inspiration to strike. And strike it did. When I was reading my sweet, sweet, sweet friend Heather's list of "fun/challenging/interesting things to do," I latched right onto #13: Finish one scrapbook album. As soon as I read that, I knew immediately what I wanted to do. Rich and I had taken a wonderful hike at one of our favorite places, Devil's Bathtub in Mendon Ponds on Tuesday afternoon, and I'd taken a ton of photos. I wanted to make a mini album just to document our wonderful afternoon.

One of the things I love, love, love about the album itself is that I made it largely from items I save from the recycle bin. I'm constantly saving things I think I can use eventually. This album has chipboard from the back of tablets, a piece of acetate from packaging, the little glossy inserts that come in packs of photo paper, the cardboard inserts that Amazon often uses, etc.

And yep, here's where I bombard you with way too many photos. (I apologize and sincerely encourage you to feel free to skip this post.) But I want to do it for me.


















Heather dear, thank you so much. Rich and I love this album, and there's a very good chance I never would have made it without you. :D

7 comments:

Chris Howard said...

Debi, this is simply amazing! And so gorgeous! I seriously never cease to be amazed at the amount of creative talent you have and I love the sustainability behind it all too :) I smiled so much while reading this post and I didn't want the album to end :p I'm so glad that you two had such a beautiful day and that you got to make this awesome book!

Iris said...

That album is so pretty! I ould never make a photo album like that, which I think might explain why I always procrastinate on ordering copies of photographs.. But it's great to look at your album for inspiration. I can imagine that this makes you happy. I do really like the idea of a happiness project.

Heather said...

Debi! This is seriously amazing! OMG! It's just gorgeous! I'm so thrilled I was able to contribute in such a small way to something that made you happy. Go me!!

DesLily said...

love, love, love the photo's and what you did with them! I love that you are still having such a good summer!..

Vasilly said...

I love your scrapbook album! It's so pretty. You're so talented!

Snowball said...

Oh, this is so beautiful. Your photos are great and you put it all together so wonderfully!

Trish said...

#ignoreshowmanydaysoldthispostis

I LOVE THIS!!! The photographs are beautiful and I love the layouts and the attention to detail. You really do have a talent for this Debi! Just gorgeous.