Wednesday, August 1, 2012

slow going...

Just thought I ought to update my walking project. I have to say, it's much slower going than I'd hoped it was going to be. I had some really poor days in there, one where I didn't even make a mile. If I keep up this rate, I'll be lucky to get to Lu's by Christmas. :(

But instead of beat myself up about it, I'm just going to try harder this month! *thinking positive*

July wasn't quite a full month, as I started on the afternoon of the fifth. But it was close enough to give me an idea how I'm progressing. July saw me clock 64.74 miles. (I'd really like to shoot for 100 miles a month, and down the line raise it a bit.) Anyway, I now have 266.26 miles left to go to get to Lu's. And I suppose I ought to get cracking, huh?

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I believe you are doing great! I live north of you in Canada but I believe we have shared the heat and humidity this summer!! Any walking would be miraculous and despairing because you did not make a mile one day, ha...... you should be saying "and I managed a mile even!!" And I don't think you fumbled any ball in having to make decisions about what you are able to accomplish and what goes to the sidelines for a bit. You have kept up a nice bit of blogging all summer, lots on the domestic front, family time obviously and you are still working..... what do you want woman!!! I hope your August is full of great moments and lots of non-fretting.
Elizabeth

Eva said...

That's over two miles a day! That's awesome Debi!

chrisa511 said...

The important thing is that you ARE walking and you're gonna be so excited my dear when you do hit those goals!! Just you wait :D

Jean said...

Do you listen to books as you walk, though if you're walking on a road you need to be able to hear approaching traffic. Don't get discouraged. Slow progress is still progress and, hey, it's impossible to clock negative miles, right? Even walking backwards is walking. Hoping you get some miles in today!

Care said...

One step at a time, baby.

Carl V. Anderson said...

Hey congratulations!!! And please, don't beat yourself up. Changes like this should be about making lifestyle changes, creating habits, and it is to be expected that there are going to be good days...weeks...and some that are not so good. But it isn't about the destination, as they say, it really is the journey and any progress is good, even if all the progress made in a week is just the desire for progress. I'm proud of you and you need to be proud of you too!

Susan said...

I walk too! every day if I can....and this summer has been hard, it's been so HOT. So on hot days, I treat myself to reading and lying around, because it is so hot. We're not warriors, we're just women raising our families and trying to get healthy. I love the idea of you counting the miles as walking to visit someone, though. That is so cool. And I sure didn't walk 64 miles, at least i don't think I did, more like in the 20 to 20 mile range. See? There's someone slower than you! lol Not that you're slow, not at all.