Saturday, April 27, 2013

by the time if finish typing this...

...Dewey's Read-a-Thon will be getting started!!!!! :D :D :D

I somehow didn't manage to get myself as organized as usual. Did get the all important food situation taken care of. But I never managed to do my "first lines" post so you all could help me weed down my reading pool. And I didn't do a gosh darn thing getting my blog ready. As in I usually have drafts ready to go where I can just add in my updated stats and write a few comments and they're ready to be published. But I've sort of decided to be much more laid back this time. Probably won't update too often, but we'll see. I debated just updating a single post this time (I know some people hate having their readers so clogged up on read-a-thon days). But I decided to just make each post a new post, because I for one have an easier time keeping up with my pals who are read-a-thoning if my reader tells me they've posted. But like I said, I'll try to keep my updates to a minimum.

I'm happy that I slept well last night--I often don't the night before Dewey's Read-a-Thon because I'm just too excited. :P Unfortunately I woke up earlier than I wanted and woke up with a nasty headache. Ibuprofen is helping, and I finally poured my first cup of coffee so that may help some more.



Anyway, I want to wish everyone participating in Dewey's Read-a-Thon a super fun and relaxing day!!! Thanks so much to Heather and Andi for all their hard work to make this happen!!! And to all of those who will be missing our dear friend Dewey, *huge hugs* DEWEY, YOU ARE SO LOVED!!!

5 comments:

Eva said...

I hope that headache goes away & that you have a wonderful time Debi! And I've been thinking a lot about Dewey too. Hopefully I'll be able to do the fall read-a-thon!

CaroG said...

Take a lot of water for that headache!. And don't fret about the posts, they will be perfect coming from the moment :)
A Girl that Likes Books

chrisa511 said...

Yes she is loved and missed!! Oh Debe,I hope so much that that headache goes away!!!!!! And please update lots :p I LOVE your updates :p I got a draft posted for updates and that's about it…I plan on just using the same one I always have…by the time I actually get started reading it'll probably be hour three, lol.

DesLily said...

have a fun day Debi!! I know you enjoy the readathon :o)

Janey Canuck said...

A good night's sleep is all you really need for a readathon :) Hope you have an awesome day of reading :)