Saturday, April 27, 2013

Dewey's Read-a-Thon update 1...

I didn't really expect to post so soon, but well, I couldn't resist Book Spine Poetry Mini-Challenge at Scuffed slippers and wormy books. I totally suck at book spine poetry, and yet I also can't resist trying it now and then. :)

So here's what I came up with this morning:



after the first death
I hunt killers

the plague
wicked
germ
from hell

fade
drown
choke
deathnote
echo

how I live now
haunted

*****
In other news, I've finished my first book! Oh okay, not all that impressive as it was a short book and I was already halfway through it. But still! :)

*****
Books I've read from:
--The Magic Circle by Donna Jo Napoli

Books I've finished:
--The Magic Circle by Donna Jo Napoli

Mini-challenges I've participated in:
--Scuffed slippers and wormy books--Book Spine Poetry

*****
HAPPY READING ALL!!!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

A great poem! I hope you have a lovely, relaxing day with your feet up and lots of reading going on. I meant to comment the other day to lend my congratulations to your daughter.... what a great achievement. If she is nervous at the award's dinner she will just have to remind them she won a "writing" contest! And further to say I admire the fine balance you walk as a parent and the honesty and courage as a blogger for putting it out there. Have a great day.
Elizabeth

Iris said...

I don't think I'd be creative enough for book spine poetry! But I like your poem! And you already finished a book? Wow! I hope you enjoy the rest of the day! (and I'll be back to check how you fare later).

Jean said...

Your day for reading, and mine for pie. Just made one using bits and pieces of six different recipes. Steve pronounced it a winner. I hope your day of reading is similarly successful.

chrisa511 said...

I LOVE your poem :D And I'm so jealous of all of you who have finished books already!!! Ok…I'm off to finish my first now to catch up :p I'm not coming back until I do, lol

Ali said...

Your poem is absolutely chilling. Great job!