Thursday, March 3, 2011

it's worth a try...

*sigh* The amount of books I've acquired over the past two months. Pathetic. Seriously, things are getting out of hand again. So, yeah, it's time for another purge. And time to institute another acquisition slow-down. Not an out-and-out ban, as that tends to makes me desire all the more. But a slow-down. I'm thinking of allowing myself two books a month. Which is still more than I *should* bring into the house, but it will be a tremendous improvement.

But in the meantime, I need to update blame from these last two months of excess.



















So which of these babies come with blame attached? And why?

*Reading Women by Stephanie Staal. POINT FOR ANA. Because of this.

*Global Woman: Nannies, Maids, and Sex Workers in the New Economy edited by Barbara Ehrenreich and Arlie Russell Hochschild. POINT TO ANA. Because she brought it to my attention in that link above. :P

*The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher by Kate Summerscale. POINT FOR ANA. Because of this.

*The Hours by Michael Cunningham. POINTS FOR CHRIS, MATT, AND ANA. But my reasoning is so convoluted that I couldn't even begin to explain. :P

*So Long a Letter by Mariama Ba. POINT FOR ANA. Because of this.

*Oranges Are Not the Only Fruit by Jeannette Winterson. POINT FOR VIVIENNE. Because of this.

*Daddy-Long-Legs by Jean Webster. POINT TO ANA. Because of this.

*In the Woods by Tana French. POINT TO MELODY. Because of this.

*Two Weeks with the Queen by Morris Gleitzman. POINT TO ANA. Because of this.

So this brings our totals to:

Amanda - I
Ana - XVII
Becky - I
Carl - II
Chris - VI
Heather - V
Matt - I
Megan - I
Melody - I
NPR - II
Pat - I
Staci - I
Vivienne - I

6 comments:

Jean said...

I love it that I almost never ever get points in this game. You do not need someone else to suggest books to you. Now if you'd like me to suggest an art project or two, I would be glad to do that.

DesLily said...

hmmm, I count 36 books.. not too shabby..is now when I ask when you want me to send chapter to my books to read? *hahahahahaha*.. ok just joking! lol I read In the Woods I liked it but was a bit upset about something but won't say until you read it.. ohhhh I thought Daddy Longlegs was a small book for some reason..hmmm.. back on the wish list!

Kailana said...

Lots of good stuff there! I enjoyed Daddy Long Legs, having just read it earlier this year. I of course am happy to see Fables and Jack of Fables on there. :) The Hours (read pre-blogging) and The Suspicions... were both really good! Oh, and Castle Waiting, that was a good book!

Is it a good thing or a bad thing that I never get points in blame games...

Care said...

Wow! I am starting to get overwhelmed by the books in my house and the aggravation that I may never get to them (it seems)
Happy March!

chrisa511 said...

You got Bayou! And Her Fearful Symmetry \o/ What I really loved is opening this and seeing all of those Sandmans!! I really want to get them all but they're so damn EXPENSIVE!! I really want the absolute editions, but they're even more expensive :p I have the first one...eventually I'll get the other three...AND absolute death.

kreed said...

I think Ana is a bad (actually probably good - how can books be bad?) influence!