Friday, January 18, 2013

projects progress...2013 update 3

Yep, here we go again. :P

*The unofficial-for-me reading challenges:

I finished up Tomorrow, When the War Began by John Marsden. It fills holes for...
the Mount TBR Reading Challenge (4/60),
the Quick Fix Reading Challenge--it comes in at 276 pages (4/20+),
and the 2013 Young Adult Reading Challenge (3/20)

*Personal read-the-world project:
Tomorrow, When the War Began fills in the slot for an Australian setting in a fictional work.

*50x50:
#47. Watch 50 different seasons of TV shows on DVD. I watched the first season of The Fabulous Beekman Boys (more about this in a sec). (16/50)

*My happiness project:
Chris's List of Movies/TV Shows: The Fabulous Beekman Boys, season 1. (2/51)
I know I've said it before, but I just can't stop myself from saying it again--I LOVE THIS PROJECT!!! And I'm so very grateful to all my friends who so generously spent their time making these lists for me. Every single time I do/read/watch one of the things from these lists, I feel I've been given a special gift. Thus far I've absolutely loved every item I've tackled. Absolutely loved. And I would have loved them even if I'd discovered them on my own. But that added bonus of having them all wrapped up with people I love, well, that just makes them beyond wonderful. So yep, The Fabulous Beekman Boys, which I adored, will always be associated with Chris in my mind. And I really did adore it--every episode made me laugh out loud. And a few of them made me cry, too. And I'm just so disappointed that Netflix doesn't have season 2 available...maybe someday. Thank you, Chris!!!

4 comments:

Eva said...

Did you know the Beekmans were on this past season of Amazing Race? I didn't realise they'd already had a TV show.

Eva said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eva said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry I keep double posting on your blog. Getting used to typing while wearing gloves!

chrisa511 said...

I'm SO glad that you loved The Beekman Boys :D I fell in love with them so much from that show!!!! I so want to go to Sharon Springs one day and meet them..and just see the town because it looks so gorgeous! You know I bought Josh's book about them when I came to visit y'all last time! When we went to the Borders that was closing :) And my sister gave me their cookbook signed and personalized to me by both of them as one of my Christmas gifts :) I shouldn't even tell you about it, but beekman1802.com OMG you'll want everything Debi!!!!! Season 2 is SO GOOD!!! I wish they'd put it on Netflix too. I ended up just buying it. I'm hoping they do a season three! I can't wait to see what you watch next from the list :D :D :D I promise you you'll love everything on there just as much as you've loved The Village and The Beekman Boys :D